Prior to application, read safety instruction presented at the end of TDS and in MSDS
- Bonding surfaces must be clean, dry (not frosted), free of dust, rust, oil, grease, paint and
other dirt which reduces the adhesion of the sealant.
- There is no need to remove old material residue before applying the product.
- Surfaces best degrease with acetone or ethanol (glass, glaze, metal) or detergent
- Dry the surface before application.
- To avoid dirtiness around the gap and to maintain equal line use adhesive tapes which
should be removed immediately after finishing sealing.
- While designing the joint, the future movement of the joining substrates (expansion and
compression) as well as movement accommodation of the sealant should be considered.
- The minimum dimensions of the joint should be not less than 6mm x 6mm, and the
maximum should not exceed 25mm x 20mm (width x depth).
- For proper design deep joints should be filled with Back-up rod and the minimum joint
thickness should be 6mm.
- Where fillet joints are needed, a minimum of 6mm sealant bite to each substrate is
- Packaging temperature prior to application must conform to recommendations in the table
- Cut off the top of the threaded adapter. Screw the nozzle tip on and cut off at a 45º angle,
with the diameter equal to the gap width.
- Place the cartridge in the mechanical gun of pneumatic gun
- Apply the material with sufficient pressure to the joint sides to ensure immediate adhesion.
- The applied sealant should be smoothed immediately with a spatula soaked in soapy water
for best result.
WORKS AFTER COMPLETION OF APPLICATION
- Clean while uncured with paper towel. After hardening, remove the sealant mechanically.
- Do not wash hands with solvents.
REMARKS / RESTRICTIONS
- Application not on bituminous surfaces, partially vulcanized rubber, chloroprene or other
construction materials that bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents.
- In totally confined spaces where it is not exposed to atmospheric moisture, because the
sealant requires atmospheric moisture for cure.
- In applications involving structural glazing.
- Sealant is neither suitable for food applications, nor for medical use. This product is neither
tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.
- This product can not be used as a glazing sealant
- For application on unknown substrates, prior testing is a prerequisite.